March 17, 2015

Change is Important.

Change is essential sometimes to expedite success,  Throughout my process making the postcard series, I encountered a problem as my peers said my message was not clear enough and it doesn't convey a message. To tackle this I had to utilise change to create understanding between the message and the audience.

Firstly my idea was to create a photorealistic poster very close to the original, but with a twist using the imagery of the bulb to convey my message putting the appropriate bulbs in the appropriate eras.
This idea was initially thought to be educational yet funny to draw attention, and people can relate to it.

The peer feedback but then told me that the idea wasn't clear and that the whole idea needed to be revamped to a very simpler design to be able to stand out, and be very straight forward and clear, so I decided that I will be redesigning the style I'm using to a minimalist style of art to make sure my ideas make sense and still remain unaltered massively.




The minimalist style helps make the subject stand out, as well as the text. It creates a visually pleasing style that draws attention to itself due to the nature of the colours and the imagery.
Therefore I will be continuing using the minimalist theme as it helps define my work with itself without having to explain it, with strong imagery and stylisation. 


1 comment:

  1. A2: Good start at your development log containing justification of changes, however you need to discuss the production in more detail. For example what hardware did you use and why?

    It might be worth writing a separate post that discusses the image manipulation techniques in more depth, with supporting screenshots.

    Try to add in where you inspiration came from, for example the minimalist imagery from Louise Wallace.

    Please add a RAG

    ReplyDelete